In a recent independent survey that measured client satisfaction with group disability plans, The Employee Benefits Group of Sun Life Financial Inc.1 (NYSE: SLF, TSX: SLF) received the most positive ratings for Overall Value of the Product Considering Price. Of Sun Life’s current customers who participated in the survey, 82% of respondents were “Extremely Satisfied” or “Very Satisfied” with the overall product value of Sun Life’s group disability products.
JHA, an independent benefits consulting firm and a division of General Re Life Corporation – a Berkshire Hathaway Company, conducted the research to measure customers' satisfaction with their disability carrier. When it came to overall product value, Sun Life’s score exceeded the industry average.
“These results are not surprising, considering Sun Life Financial’s focus on providing the best in group benefits and a 100% satisfaction guarantee to every customer,” says Scott Beliveau, VP, Multi-Line Product Center. “Sun Life has always been proud of our group disability solutions, and in 2009, we are planning to introduce more product features that bring even more value to our customers.”
He continues, “In these challenging economic times, companies of all sizes are examining their group benefits budgets. With group benefits from Sun Life Financial, we provide a high level of value, so our customers don’t need to compromise on quality.”
Here are some of the product features that add value to Sun Life’s Disability Products2:
- Retro Disability Benefits: This industry-leading benefit provides extra Long Term Disability benefits – in a lump sum payment – to seriously ill or injured claimants. This feature is included with all LTD plans.
- FMLA Administration: Sun Life customers can bundle self-administered short term disability plans and Family and Medical Leave Administration into one, hassle-free program.
- Emergency Travel Assistance: Offered in partnership with Assist America, this feature provides emergency assistance when employees are 100 miles or more away from home. This benefit is included with all Basic Life plans.
- EAP and Work-Life Services: Offered in partnership with ComPsych Corporation, this feature is designed to help employees deal with day-to-day situations, such as legal, financial and child care issues.
- Employee-Friendly Benefit Riders: Sun Life offers a wide range of value-added riders to enhance employees’ disability coverage, including an Assisted Living Benefit Rider, Child Care Benefit Rider, Dependent Child Care Education Rider, Extended Earnings Protection Rider, Relocation Expense Benefit Rider and an STD Survivor Benefit, to name a few.
Says Beliveau, “When it comes to product, our goal has always been to provide our customers with the best value in the market. These survey results prove we are accomplishing our goal.”
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China and Bermuda. As of December 31, 2008, the Sun Life Financial group of companies had total assets under management of US $313.3 billion.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under ticker symbol SLF. Visit Sun Life Financial’s website at www.sunlife-usa.com.
SLPC 20338 (4/09)
1 The Employee Benefits Group of Sun Life Financial includes the group insurance business of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, Sun Life Insurance and Annuity Company of New York, and Sun Life and Health Insurance Company (U.S.).
2 Products may not be available in all states.
Jennifer Posterro, 781-446-1964