Technavio has been monitoring the esports market and it is poised to grow by USD 1.40 billion during 2020-2024, decelerating at a CAGR of over 18% during the forecast period. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment. Download a Free Sample Report on COVID-19
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201026005476/en/
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Esports Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to transform the growth of various industries. However, the immediate impact of the outbreak is varied. While a few industries will register a drop in demand, numerous others will continue to remain unscathed and show promising growth opportunities. COVID-19 will have a Positive and Superior impact on the esports market. The market growth in 2020 is likely to increase compared to the market growth in 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions-
- What are the major trends in the market?
- Rising number of esports events is one of the major trends in the market.
- At what rate is the market projected to grow?
- Growing at a CAGR of over 18%, the incremental growth of the market is anticipated to be USD 1.4 billion.
- Who are the top players in the market?
- Activision Blizzard Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Epic Games Inc., Gfinity Plc, Harena Data Inc., Intergalactic Gaming Ltd., Modern Times Group MTG AB, Nintendo Co. Ltd., Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Tencent Holdings Ltd., and Valve Corp. are some of the major market participants.
- What are the key market drivers and challenges?
- Branding through esports is one of the major factors driving the market. However, the growing cost of game development restraints the market growth.
- How big is the North America market?
- The North America region will contribute 38% of market growth.
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
The market is fragmented, and the degree of fragmentation will decelerate during the forecast period. Activision Blizzard Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Epic Games Inc., Gfinity Plc, Harena Data Inc., Intergalactic Gaming Ltd., Modern Times Group MTG AB, Nintendo Co. Ltd., Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Tencent Holdings Ltd., and Valve Corp. are some of the major market participants. The branding through esports will offer immense growth opportunities. In a bid to help players strengthen their market foothold, this esports market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the leading market vendors. The report also empowers industry honchos with information on the competitive landscape and insights into the different product offerings offered by various companies.
Technavio's custom research reports offer detailed insights on the impact of COVID-19 at an industry level, a regional level, and subsequent supply chain operations. This customized report will also help clients keep up with new product launches in direct & indirect COVID-19 related markets, upcoming vaccines and pipeline analysis, and significant developments in vendor operations and government regulations.
Esports Market 2020-2024: Segmentation
Esports Market is segmented as below:
- North America
- South America
To learn more about the global trends impacting the future of market research, download a free sample: https://www.technavio.com/talk-to-us?report=IRTNTR43348
Esports Market 2020-2024: Scope
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by the way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The esports market report covers the following areas:
- Esports Market Size
- Esports Market Trends
- Esports Market Analysis
This study identifies rising number of esports events as one of the prime reasons driving the Esports market growth during the next few years.
Technavio suggests three forecast scenarios (optimistic, probable, and pessimistic) considering the impact of COVID-19. Technavio’s in-depth research has direct and indirect COVID-19 impacted market research reports.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Esports Market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist esports market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the esports market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the esports market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of esports market vendors
Table of Contents:
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Five forces summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Game genre
- Market segments
- Comparison by Game genre
- MOBA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- FPS - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- RTS - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Others - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Game genre
Market Segmentation by Revenue Stream
- Market segments
- Comparison by Revenue stream
- Sponsorship - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Media rights - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Advertising - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Publisher fees - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Merchandise and ticket sales - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Revenue stream
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Activision Blizzard Inc.
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Epic Games Inc.
- Gfinity Plc
- Intergalactic Gaming Ltd.
- Modern Times Group MTG AB
- Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Valve Corp.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.