WASHINGTON, March 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Evolent Health, Inc. (NYSE: EVH), a health care company that delivers proven clinical and administrative solutions to payers and providers, today announced several significant achievements in 2019, spanning industry recognition, new agreements and clinical and financial impact for Evolent and its partners.
Founded in 2011, Evolent collaborates with partners to improve outcomes and lower health care costs for individuals and populations. Through operational scale, financial partnerships and clinical capabilities and expertise, Evolent provides resources to enable the delivery of whole-person, high-value care.
"At its heart, the unsustainable growth in health care spending is a problem of incentives: Our traditional system pits providers against payers and leaves patients in the middle," said Evolent Chief Executive Officer Frank Williams. "Evolent helps its partners to bridge that gap in a way that aligns their financial interests and focuses on improving members' health. I'm proud of the work we did in 2019 to strengthen and drive results for our payer and provider partner network, all while continuing to build upon our culture as an innovative and leading place to work in health care."
Among the company's 2019 accomplishments:
Achieving Industry Recognition and Advancing Workplace Culture
- Recognized by Becker's Hospital Review as one of the Top 150 Places to Work in Health Care for the fourth straight year. The publication highlighted our efforts in employee recognition, wellness, workforce diversity and inclusion, and philanthropy.
- Received a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, which rates employers on their support and inclusion of LGBTQ+ employees. Engagement in the employee-led Pride business resource group continues to flourish and pushes us to improve LGBTQ+ recruitment efforts and philanthropic support.
- Improved representation of female and minority leaders in the company by 3 points and 1 point, respectively, at managing director and above levels. Entering 2020, 44% of leaders in this category are women and 26% are minorities. We continue to push for diversity and inclusion improvement and transparency, with more data forthcoming.
- Won a Health Value Award from the Validation Institute in the category of Value-Based Provider Care Facilitation, which recognizes organizations helping providers achieve enhanced value in care delivery.
- Continued engagement across employee-led business resource groups, including Women of Evolent, Evolent Emerging Leaders, Underrepresented Minorities, Pride, Beyond the Walls, and Serving Evolent's Reservists and Veterans (SERV).
Driving Clinical, Financial and Administrative Impact
- Became the first company in the nation to earn National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Population Health Accreditation. In 2019, Evolent also earned 3-Year Accreditations in both Utilization Management and Case Management.
- Enabled our cohort of Next Generation Accountable Care Organization (NGACO) partners to achieve more than $100 million in gross savings in 2017 and 20181, as announced in subsequent years. Two of Evolent's NGACO partners ranked in the top five nationally in 2018 in terms of gross savings. One of these partners has been ranked among the top five since partnering with Evolent in 2016.
- Identified more than 60,000 of the highest-risk patients—such as those with multiple chronic diseases and those transitioning from the hospital—and engaged them in care management programs to improve their outcomes and prevent avoidable utilization.
- Redesigned and relaunched behavioral health programming to effectively identify when a patient's severe mental illness is likely to be well-managed or uncontrolled to more accurately prioritize outreach to those with the highest risk and highest needs.
- Achieved 99%+ financial and procedural accuracy for Evolent Health Services partners.2
- Exited the year with more than 35 partners in the national network and more than 3.5 million lives across Medicare, Medicaid and commercial lines of business.
About Evolent Health
Evolent Health (NYSE: EVH) delivers proven clinical and administrative solutions that improve whole person health while making health care simpler and more affordable. Our three solutions encompass total cost of care management, specialty care management, and administrative simplification. Evolent serves a national base of leading payers and providers, is the first company to receive the National Committee for Quality Assurance's Population Health Program Accreditation, and is consistently recognized as a top place to work in health care nationally. Learn more about how Evolent is changing the way health care is delivered by visiting evolenthealth.com.
1 "Financial and Quality Results," CMS.gov. https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/Next-Generation-ACO-Model/. Total savings includes the shared savings payment made to ACOs, as well as savings that accrue to CMS through the benchmark discount and sharing rate and risk corridor elections.
2 Based on results of Evolent's claims auditing: Financial Accuracy >99% average rating across 10 partners and Procedure Accuracy >99% rating across 8 partners.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/evolent-health-recaps-2019-year-in-review-301014707.html
SOURCE Evolent Health