- Research-based index designed and constructed by Loup Ventures, a well-known thought leader in leading edge frontier technologies
- Exposure to disruptive companies in the Artificial Intelligence, Computer Perception, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles and Virtual/Mixed/Augmented Reality space in a single ETF
CHICAGO, July 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Innovator Capital Management, LLC (Innovator) announced today it has licensed the Loup Frontier Tech Index from Loup Ventures, LLC in anticipation for listing the Innovator Loup Frontier Tech ETF (LOUP) on July 25, 2018.
The Loup Frontier Tech Index is a rules-based index designed to track the performance of leading companies that are influencing the future of technology in areas including, but not limited to, artificial intelligence (AI), computer perception, robotics, autonomous vehicles, virtual/mixed/augmented reality, and other similarly disruptive innovations.
“We are proud to be partnering with Gene Munster and the venerable technology-research team at Loup Ventures,” said Bruce Bond, Chief Executive Officer of Innovator Capital Management. “The Loup Frontier Tech Index tracks all of the key drivers of disruptive technology identified and chosen by an award winning technology research team.”
“While some indexes track a particular industry vertical like robotics or artificial intelligence, the Loup Frontier Tech Index seeks to track a broader domain of frontier technologies, which encompass a wide range of innovations that will collectively lead the next major technological revolution,” added Gene Munster, Managing Partner at Loup Ventures.
The Loup Frontier Tech Index is based upon the technologies deemed most likely to disrupt consumer and enterprise businesses over the next several decades, and most relevant to the frontier technology investment focus.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Companies that provide software services to automate industrial, knowledge work, and consumer processes. These services may directly automate specific processes or provide semi-automated tools as an intermediate step to full automation.
- Computer Perception: Companies that provide hardware and software related to enabling vision, which could include sensors, laser arrays, semiconductors, etc.
- Robotics: Companies that provide physical robots and related products and services for industrial, collaborative, agricultural, medical, and/or consumer-related automation.
- Autonomous Vehicles: Companies that provide hardware and/or software used in the development of self-driving cars, unmanned aerial vehicles (drones), or other autonomous vehicles that operate on the ground, in the air, or in the sea.
- Virtual/Mixed/Augmented Reality: Companies that are involved in creating hardware and/or software for delivering immersive virtual reality experiences or for delivering experiences that enhance with real world with digital overlay.
About Loup Ventures
Loup Ventures is a frontier technology-focused venture capital fund founded by the team of Gene Munster, Doug Clinton, and Andrew Murphy, former sell-side equity analysts at Piper Jaffray. The firm invests in companies in various frontier technology-related themes including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, robotics, autonomous vehicles, neurotechnology, and virtual/augmented reality. The team covered the Internet space together and was known for its coverage of Apple, Amazon, and Facebook, among other names.
About Innovator Capital Management, LLC
Innovator Capital Management, LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor (RIA) based in Wheaton, IL. Formed in 2014, the firm is currently headed by ETF visionaries Bruce Bond and John Southard, founders of one of the largest ETF providers in the world. Innovation is our hallmark and acts as a guide to our company principles. Innovator is committed to helping investors better control their financial outcomes by providing investment opportunities they never considered or thought possible.
The Innovator Loup Frontier Tech ETF is not yet available for investment.
Investing involves risks. Principal loss is possible. The Fund’s return may not match the return of the Index. The fund invests in preferred securities which may be subject to many of the risks associated with debt securities, including interest rate risk. The fund invests in equity securities which may be subject to volatile price fluctuations. Because the fund is non-diversified and can invest a greater portion of its assets in securities of individual issuers than a diversified fund, changes in the market value of a single investment could cause greater fluctuations in share price.
The Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses should be considered carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other important information, and may be obtained at innovatoretfs.com or by calling 800.208.5212. Read it carefully before investing.
Innovator ETFs are distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC.
Copyright © 2018 Innovator Capital Management, LLC.