NEW YORK, Oct. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ANN INC., a subsidiary of ascena retail group, inc. and parent company of Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey, readies for Breast Cancer Awareness month this October with multiple fundraising efforts and celebrates the research advancements made through its signature partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF).
Through the sale of Cares Cards, limited-edition products, and associate events, ANN INC. has donated more than $33 million to BCRF since 2005. The donation is currently funding 19 full-time researchers who study breast cancer across the entire spectrum of the disease – from prevention, tumor biology, treatment and cell research to survivorship and metastasis.
"I have always believed that giving back is part of our culture at ANN INC.," said Gary Muto, President and Chief Executive Officer of ascena Brands. "Our longstanding partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation has enabled important research to improve the lives of millions of women who are impacted by this disease. Our goal as we start the 2017-2018 fiscal year is to donate $5 million to BCRF this year alone which will fund 20 full-time breast cancer researchers."
To help meet that goal, the brands are offering the following ways for associates and clients to get involved and support BCRF:
- Cares Cards: Ann Taylor and LOFT will be selling Cares Cards in-store and online to support BCRF. Ninety percent of the cards' purchase price is donated to BCRF while it also gives clients special discounts through November 15, 2017. Cares Cards will be available for purchase on the following dates, in-store and online:
- LOFT and LOFT Outlet Stores: September 15 – October 31, 2017
- Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Factory Stores: October 1 – October 31, 2017
- Donate While Shopping Online: Clients can make a personal donation to BCRF while they're shopping online during the following dates:
- Donate While Shopping In-Store: On October 5, 2017, LOFT will match donations made to BCRF in-store, up to $25,000. On October 12, 2017 from 5:00-7:00pm local time, 10% of in-store sales at Ann Taylor will be donated to BCRF, up to $75,000.
- Limited Edition Jewelry Collection: LOFT will sell a limited-edition jewelry collection starting Monday, September 15, 2017 through November 15, 2017 where 60% of the purchase price will be donated to BCRF.
- Exclusive Capsule Collection: Ann Taylor will sell an exclusive capsule collection where 20% of the purchase price from this collection for sales from Friday, November 24, 2017 through Sunday, November 26, 2017, will be donated to BCRF, up to $100,000.
"ANN INC. has been an incredible partner to BCRF over the last 12 years," said Myra Biblowit, BCRF President & CEO. "The donations have enabled us to fund critically important grants that are seeking to unravel the mystery of breast cancer: why it occurs, how to treat it and ways to prevent it from happening in the first place. By supporting the highest rated breast cancer organization in the country, ANN INC. is making a genuine and tangible difference in improving outcomes and saving lives."
Annette L. Stanton, PhD, at the University of California, Los Angeles is one of the BCRF-supported researchers currently funded by ANN INC.'s contributions whose research focuses on survivorship and treatment. "My desire to contribute to the quality of life and health of women and men who confront cancer drives my research," Stanton explained. "Working to identify the most potent factors that influence women's ability to live well after a breast cancer diagnosis and then to translate those findings into effective approaches to enhance women's health and well-being is constantly rewarding and motivating. It is because of the generosity of donors like ANN INC. that this important research can move forward."
"The foundation of this partnership goes hand-in-hand with our company's purpose to inspire and connect with women to put their best selves forward every day," said Muto. "We know our associates and clients care deeply about this issue and we are humbled each year by the overwhelming level of support. Every donation will bring us one step closer to eradicating breast cancer, and we hope others are inspired to join us in this important fight."
Since 2005, ANN INC. has donated more than $75 million to various organizations, including BCRF, cultivating meaningful partnerships to support women, families and communities around the world.
To learn more about ANN INC.'s fight against breast cancer and how you can participate, please visit: http://www.responsiblyann.com/caringAboutWomen.asp.
About ANN INC.
ANN INC. is a subsidiary of ascena retail group, inc. (NASDAQ: ASNA), and operates the Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey brands. As part of ascena's Premium Fashion segment, the company operates Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Factory Stores, LOFT, LOFT Outlet and Lou & Grey stores in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Our brands are also available online in more than 100 countries worldwide, at anntaylor.com, LOFT.com, louandgrey.com or LOFT franchise stores in Mexico.
About Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF-funded investigators have been deeply involved in every major breakthrough in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. This year, BCRF will award $59.5 million to support the work of more than 275 scientists at leading medical and academic institutions across 15 countries, making BCRF the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide. BCRF is the highest rated breast cancer organization in the U.S.—the only one with an "A+" from CharityWatch and Charity Navigator's highest rating of four stars. Visit www.bcrfcure.org to learn more.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ann-inc-readies-for-breast-cancer-awareness-month-with-multiple-fundraising-opportunities-to-benefit-the-breast-cancer-research-foundation-300531707.html
SOURCE ANN INC.