WASHINGTON, Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fig Leaf Software, an award winning digital agency and solutions integrator, is proud to announce the successful launch of the new Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA) website, http:/www.wmata.com.
The new site is designed for commuters, is fully responsive and is designed to work on smart phones, tablets and desktop computers. The mobile first website features include:
- Enhanced Trip Planner - giving mobile users access to Metro's website trip planner, including the ability to plan a trip by bus, rail or both, and integrating both mapping software and Geolocation services
- Next Train - shows real-time train arrival times, number of cars and destination for any of Metro's 86 rail stations
- Next Bus - uses a customer's GPS location to display bus arrival predictions for nearby bus stops
- Service Nearby - allows customers to see bus and rail transit service near their current location
- Elevator Status - shows out-of-service elevators and alternate shuttle bus options
- Alerts & Advisories - provides continually updated service information from Metro's control centers via the MetroAlerts system. Urgent service messages are displayed in red on the home screen
- Call Transit Police - allows customers to quickly initiate a phone call to Metro Transit Police should the need arise
"Fig Leaf Software is proud to have partnered with WMATA on the launch of their new web presence. We feel that this is a leap forward for consumers exploring the DC metro transit system," David Gallerizzo USMCR (Ret.) CEO of Fig Leaf Software said. "The new website focuses on users with mobile devices, the largest group of users on wmata.com, and is truly an enhancement for all riders on the WMATA bus and rail network. The Trip Planner, in particular, provides enhanced functionality for both the seasoned rider and the casual user of the WMATA bus and rail system."
The new site launched in Beta in August allowing members of the public to comment. Read the case study to learn more: http://bit.ly/2aWA7h6
About Fig Leaf Software: Fig Leaf Software is an award winning digital agency, solutions integrator and certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in inbound marketing, web and mobile design, development and web professional training. Fig Leaf is strategically partnered with HubSpot (HUBS), Amazon (AMZN), Google (GOOG), Adobe (ADBE), Progress Sitefinity (PRGS), Acquia, EPiServer, Ektron, PaperThin, and Sencha. Visit: www.figleaf.com/about
For more information, please contact Bret Peters, Chief Marketing Officer, at 202-797-7711 x109 or email at email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/washington-metropolitan-area-transit-authority-launches-new-mobile-first-public-website-300377109.html
SOURCE Fig Leaf Software