Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA) today announced it will organize and host the industry’s first Datafront on May 17 in New York. The event will explore fundamental shifts in the media landscape and the impact an increasingly convergent ecosystem has on consumers and marketers.
“Viacom has long been a leader in Data Strategy, investing in building the most advanced capabilities and world class team in-house, so it made sense for us to take initiative and create the industry’s first Datafront for the community of data scientists and marketers whose critical work has shifted from backroom to boardroom,” said Kern Schireson, EVP Data Strategy and Consumer Intelligence, Viacom. “This is a watershed moment for television as data has redefined how we consider so many aspects of the business, from alternative currencies to measurement to branded entertainment.”
Data has become an increasingly important part of Upfront conversations. As marketers consider content during Upfront presentations, Viacom’s Datafront helps marketers understand how to best connect to the audiences watching the shows.
Viacom’s Datafront addresses the need in the industry to acknowledge and consider the convergence of all screens and the impact for marketers. Topics will include an exploration of current and future pivot points in:
- Television…redefining TV and examining how, as a Fans First company, Viacom unlocks value for its partners in this new era.
- Measurement…good measurement leads to understanding. Viacom has invested in it and is leading the way in shifting how measurement is happening.
- Marketing Science…targeting and context are transforming how marketers can reach consumers on television and all screens. Viacom Vantage’s suite of products continues to further the company’s lead in helping ad partners find precisely the right audiences at the right time.
- Brand Content Creation…data is overcoming the preconceived ideas of who people are and how advertising is created for them. The Viacom ViewPrint product uses data to cut through bias to sharply identify the right audiences and then inform creative tone for branded content.
- Delivering for Fans…in a Fans First framework, advancements in data allow for fresh perspectives about authentically speaking to audiences.
Presenters - who include Viacom’s data and marketing strategists, as well as external experts - will underscore the importance of connecting with an emotionally engaged audience and rallying fans.
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in 180 countries. Viacom's media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Channel 5 (UK), Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.5 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.