NEW YORK, Sept. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ANN INC. (NYSE: ANN), the parent Company of Ann Taylor and LOFT, today announces its expanded commitment to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) through its annual Breast Cancer Awareness campaign and latest in-store and online promotions. Since 2005, the Company has donated $18.5 million to BCRF, with a record breaking $4.25 million donated last year alone. The annual contribution expands the Company's longstanding support of advancing lifesaving science by fully funding seventeen research grants this year across the United States and Canada.
"Supporting the fight against breast cancer is so close to our hearts at ANN INC. Each year we look forward to rallying our company, our clients and our associates together in support of BCRF and the organization's important work," said Kay Krill, President and CEO of ANN INC. "We know that new medical research and advancements are critical to combatting this disease, so we are proud to focus our fundraising toward researchers capable of making real breakthroughs."
In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, ANN INC. supports BCRF with the sale of Ann Taylor Cares and LOFT Cares Cards. Through this highly successful program, the Company has fully funded seventeen leading-edge research projects for the 2014-2015 grant period. Led by distinguished investigators from prominent institutions across the Unites States and Canada, project focuses span from prevention studies on alternative, non-surgical interventions for women at high risk of breast cancer to the use of protein inhibiting drugs to impede tumor growth, and ultimately, lead to a dramatic reduction of breast cancer deaths.
"ANN INC. continues to amaze us with their innovative ideas to reach consumers emotionally and raise such significant awareness and funds year after year," said Myra Biblowit, President of BCRF. Without the support of partners like ANN INC., we would not be able to implement research projects that have the potential to make a long-standing and significant difference in the fight against breast cancer. We're grateful for all the years of support and unwavering commitment of Kay Krill, the Company and all of its clients."
The Ann Taylor and LOFT brands have also developed new, limited-edition products, including the Ann Taylor-designed 'Hope, Strength, Love' Bracelets, and pieces from the HOLST+LEE for LOFT Jewelry Collection, featuring a first-ever partnership with the prominent New York designer.
To learn more, visit ANNCares.com.
About ANN INC.
ANN INC. is the parent Company of Ann Taylor and LOFT, two of the leading women's specialty retail fashion brands in North America. As of August 2, 2014, the Company operated 1,040 Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Factory, LOFT and LOFT Outlet stores in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our Ann Taylor and LOFT brands are also available online in more than 100 countries worldwide at AnnTaylor.com and LOFT.com. Visit ANNINC.com for more information (NYSE: ANN).
About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) advances the world's most promising research to eradicate breast cancer in our lifetime. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF has raised more than $500 million to fuel discoveries in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis. This year, we invested $45 million in the work of more than 200 researchers at leading medical institutions across six continents. By spending 91 cents of every dollar on research and public awareness, BCRF remains one of the nation's most fiscally responsible charities. We are the only breast cancer organization with an "A+" from CharityWatch, and have been awarded a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator 12 times since 2002. Join us at www.bcrfcure.org.
ANN INC. 2014-2015 BCRF Research Grants
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation Scientific Advisors recently completed the selection of grantees for the coming year and seventeen research grants were selected as the ANN INC. 2014-2015 BCRF grant recipients are:
- Monica M. Bertagnolli, MD, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; and Cynthia Ma, MD, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Graham A. Colditz, MD, DrPh, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Nancy E. Davidson, MD, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA
- Laura J. Esserman, MD, MBA, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Carol J. Fabian, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, MO
- Dawn L. Hershman, MD, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Stephen D. Hursting, PhD, MPH, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Melinda L. Irwin, PhD, MPH, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven CT
- Johanna Joyce, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Seema A. Khan, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Nancy U. Lin, MD and Eric P. Winer, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Erin Macrae, MD, Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Kathy D. Miller, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Lois E. Shepherd, MDCM, FRCP, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
- Annette L. Stanton, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sandra M. Swain, MD, FACP, Washington Cancer Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Kala Visvanathan, MBBS, FRACP, MHS, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
The Ann Taylor Cares Card and LOFT Cares Card
Those who purchase a $25 Ann Taylor Cares Card or LOFT Cares Card will receive 20% off every purchase of $100 or more at Ann Taylor, LOFT, Ann Taylor Factory Store, LOFT Outlet from September 19 through November 15, 2014. 90% of the card's purchase price will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Ann Taylor Hope, Strength, Love Bracelets
In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Ann Taylor designed the Hope, Strength, Love Bracelets. From September 19 through December 31, 2014, Ann Taylor will donate 50% of the purchase price of the bracelets to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). The collection is available at Ann Taylor stores and online at anntaylor.com. The set of three bracelets are $75.
HOLST+LEE for LOFT Jewelry Collection
LOFT has partnered with jewelry designer Natalie Holst to create the HOLST+LEE for LOFT Jewelry Collection in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. From September 19 through November 15, 2014, LOFT will donate 70% of the purchase price of the pieces to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The collection features a total two pieces of jewelry: a necklace and a set of earrings. The collection will be sold in LOFT stores and online at LOFT.com. Items range from $39.50 to $69.50.
SOURCE ANN INC.