The Alibaba IPO has officially been filed as the company released the prospectus this afternoon (Tuesday), for what is expected to be one of the largest U.S. IPOs of all time.
Now that the Alibaba IPO has officially been filed, here’s what we know about the upcoming deal…
- In the document, the company reported that revenue for the nine months ending March 31, 2013, was $6.5 billion, which was a 57% increase from the previous year. During the same time frame, net income was reported as $2.9 billion, which was a 305% increase year over year.
- Alibaba reported that 84% of its revenue comes from its Chinese e-commerce business. Its sites Taobao and Tmall are the most popular of its network of e-commerce sites. International commerce accounts for 12% of the firm’s top line. Cloud computing and Internet infrastructure bring in 1.9% of the company’s revenue.
Note: The IPO market has been frenzied in 2014, with 97 companies hitting the market. Here are the best 8 IPOs on the horizon... and 3 to avoid. Read More...
- Interestingly, the value of the IPO has been set at $1 billion. That number will almost certainly go up as the IPO date approaches, considering most estimates place the IPO in the $15 billion to $20 billion range.
- The underwriters on the deal include: Credit Suisse Group (NYSE ADR: CS), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE: DB), Goldman Sachs Group (NYSE: GS), JPMorgan Securities (NYSE: JPM), Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS), and Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C).
- Alibaba had nearly 21,000 employees at the end of 2013. Of that total, more than 7,300 employees were either engineers or data analysts.
- Concerning ownership, Softbank Corp. owns 34% of the company, while Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) owns 24%, Jack Ma owns 8.9%, and Joseph Tsai owns 3.6%.
Here’s everything investors need to know now that the Alibaba IPO has officially been filed…
Will you be investing in the Alibaba IPO? Join the conversation on Twitter @moneymorning using #AlibabaTags: Alibaba, Alibaba files IPO, Alibaba IPO, alibaba ipo 2014, Alibaba IPO date, Alibaba IPO filed, Alibaba IPO filing, Alibaba IPO price, Best IPOs 2014, hot ipos, investing in ipos, IPO calendar, IPO Calendar 2014, IPO Dates, ipo dow jones, IPO investing, IPO List, ipo market, IPO market 2014, IPO news, IPO Stock Options, IPOs, ipos 2014, List of IPOs, nasdaq IPO, nasdaq ipo filings, new ipo nasdaq, new tech ipos, pre ipo stock options, social media IPOs, upcoming ipos, what is an ipo stock
The post The Alibaba IPO Is Officially Filed: Here’s What We Know appeared first on Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.