- Biotechnology developer CNS Pharmaceuticals is preparing, with its partner WPD Pharmaceuticals, a global set of Phase 2 trials for its drug candidate Berubicin, which has shown promise in combating the effectively fatal glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”) brain cancer
- Since another company conducted Phase 1 safety trials for Berubicin 14 years ago, one patient has survived cancer-free while two others saw reductions in tumor size of up to 80 percent
- The Phase 2 trials will build on the Phase 1 results, conducting targeted testing that offers side-by-side comparison between Berubicin and chemotherapy drug lomustine in real time beginning next year
- The company is also preparing with WPD to conduct the first Phase I trials of Berubicin in children in Europe
- CNS Pharmaceuticals officers recently participated virtually in the annual Society for Neuro-Oncology (“SNO”) Scientific Meeting and Education Day to promote their work and discuss the progress of clinical trials
While the world’s attention remains occupied with developments related to the global coronavirus pandemic that has infected about 60 million people and claimed the life of nearly 1.5 million of them (https://ibn.fm/ki9Vf), a dedicated group of researchers continues to pursue breakthroughs on the nearly always fatal glioblastoma multiforme (“GBM”) type of brain cancer. Recently, the Society for Neuro-Oncology (“SNO”) held its 25th Annual Scientific Meeting and Education Day to spotlight the efforts of over 2,600 researchers and clinician scientists from more than 40 countries in researching and treating GBM and similar brain cancers (https://ibn.fm/WCLpE).
CNS Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: CNSP) appeared at the virtual conference through a joint sponsorship with WPD Pharmaceuticals, staffing a booth in the virtual exhibit hall while Dr. Patrick Wen, a member of CNS’s Science Advisory Board, participated in a panel discussion on clinical trials during the plenary session Nov. 20, and in online poster presentations throughout the…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CNSP are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CNSP
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “STOCKS” to 77948 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.BioMedWire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.