The "Switchgear Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global switchgear market is expected to register a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- ABB Ltd.
- Havells India Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- Eaton Corporation
- Toshiba International Corporation
- Meidensha Corporation
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves Power and Industrial Solutions Limited
- Powell Industries
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Key Market Trends
Gas Insulated Switchgear Hold Significant Market Share
The Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) is expected to hold the maximum share in the global switchgear market. Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) is a metal encapsulated switchgear which consists of high-voltage components such as circuit-breakers and disconnectors. A GIS is majorly used in confined spaces, such as in city buildings, office spaces, offshore platforms, extensions, on roofs, etc.
- Growing standards to control the overall carbon emissions, coupled with rising awareness among consumers to adopt renewable energy generation like solar, are anticipated to accelerate switchgear usage. As compared to Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS), they are more environment-friendly, reliable, and flexible. Also, the installation time and maintenance cost required for GIS is less than that of AIS. The major applications of GIS are power transmission, integration of renewable power generation units to the grid, and railways.
- The major factor driving the growth is the rising energy demand and extension/replacement of old switchgear at sub-stations that can drive the switchgear market's gas-insulated switchgear equipment. Due to its space optimization, low maintenance, and protection against external elements, the demand for gas insulated switchgear is expected to rise.
- Major companies providing GIS are continuously developing and innovating by making investments. For instance, in February 2019, ABB has recently powered Africa's most significant gas-insulated switchgear installation. This Gas-insulated electrical substation is expected to strengthen power reliability in Johannesburg.
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
The Asia-Pacific market is expected to drive the global switchgear market during the forecast period. The significant factors contributing to the dominance in this region are the upgradation of the aging electrical grid infrastructure and increasing electricity demand in the region.
- The booming infrastructure development for renewable energy sources, growing market for grid modernization, and replacement of old installations, along with capacity enhancements, are some of the major factors stimulating the growth.
- The increasing electricity demand, due to rising population, economic expansion, urbanization, industrialization, and rural electrification projects, is leading the market demand for switchgear. The power generation capacity in India has grown at a rate of over 10% in the past few years, while the transmission and distribution networks have witnessed moderate growth. This has translated into a growing demand for robust power system equipment, such as switchgear, in the country, which helps protect against situations of overload, short circuit, insulation failure, etc.
- The robust infrastructure development, including smart cities, and various schemes launched by the government in the past, like Make in India, Digital India, Integrated Power Development Scheme, and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation, among others, have significantly contributed to the market growth.
- Further, in the 2019-2020 budget, India announced the "One Nation, One Grid" initiative to bring affordable power to all states. Such initiatives are anticipated to increase the investments in infrastructure for utilities in the region, thereby supporting the growth of the market studied.
- The market studied in the region is anticipated to benefit from the significant ongoing investments to develop smart grid architecture in China. For instance, State Grid Corporation of China, a state-owned utility company, has deployed 452MWh of grid-connected FTM pilot projects that were supported by government research grants.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Switchgear Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Growth of Smart Electricity Grid Infrastructure
5.2.2 Growing Focus on Infrastructure and Renewable Energy Sources
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Stringent Environmental and Safety Regulations
5.3.2 Increasing Competition from the Unorganized Sectors
6 TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Type
126.96.36.199 Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)
188.8.131.52 Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS)
184.108.40.206 Other Insulation Types
7.2 By End-user Industry
7.3.1 North America
7.3.4 Latin America
7.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kekrl6
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager