- As the coronavirus closes schools and workplaces, people are increasingly turning to Zoom video calls for work and fun.
- As video calls become the primary method of socializing, websites and apps are popping up designed to facilitate games on Zoom.
- Some other simple games and activities can be easily adapted to Zoom, no extra app necessary.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Many are turning to video online calls thanks to COVID-19, the coronavirus disease.
With schools, businesses, and restaurants closed, people are increasingly moving to video calling platform Zoom for work and socializing. The company says its stock already increased more than 100% since the outbreak spread in the US.
Zoom parties are fun, but you can only stare at your friends' faces and talk about how today was pretty much like yesterday, and the day before, for so long. To replace some feeling of more naturally interacting with friends, many are turning to Zoom games. Some games are specifically designed for Zoom, while others are finding a new audience on the platform with minor adjustments to suit their new, virtual play.
Here's how to set up your screen for Zoom games, and some you can play.First, launch Zoom and select "new meeting."
You'll be prompted on how you want to share audio, use computer audio if sound is important for your game.
Then, choose "share screen" at the bottom of the call.
From there, choose an option based on the game you're playing. Here, I chose to share my desktop.
Or, choose the whiteboard option for certain games, like anything with drawing.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Bored at home this weekend? You can play the popular card game 'Cards Against Humanity' with your friends online for free
- Facebook's new video chat Zoom competitor is coming soon — here's how the new feature works
- The best iPad cases