As expected, Valve just dropped some details about Half-Life: Alyx, the flagship VR game it teased earlier this week.
Here’s what we know so far:
- It’s scheduled for release in March of 2020
- Players will take on the role of Alyx, wearing a pair of “gravity gloves” that allow you to grab things otherwise out of reach.
- It’ll take place sometime between Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Alas, for anyone hoping for a conclusion to the storyline set in motion in Half-Life 2: Episode 2 twelve years ago, it sounds like this ain’t it.
- It’s built on the Source 2 engine, and will work on “all PC-based VR headsets”
- It’ll cost $60, but be free for anyone who owns Valve’s Index VR headset.
Valve also posted a trailer, showing everything from headcrabs to the Citadel from Alyx’s first person VR perspective… plus a special little cameo if you stick around to the end. Check it out here: