PURCHASE, N.Y., Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Those yearning for an early taste of spring are in for a real-brewed delight. Pure Leaf announced today the launch of Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Teas, a new line of premium iced teas that are caffeine free, have no artificial sweeteners and are brewed with real hibiscus flowers. Leave it to the Pure Leaf tea masters to develop this unique, flavor forward blend that's also trend setting. In fact, hibiscus was recently named 2019 "Flavor of the Year" by flavor experts at Firmenich.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8479051-pure-leaf-new-herbal-iced-teas-hibiscus/
With its vibrant color and petals, the Insta-worthy hibiscus flower has been popping up in fashion, food, beauty and now, bottled iced tea. Hibiscus is in full bloom with Pure Leaf's newest line up that looks as good as it tastes.
Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Teas are already hitting store shelves in three delicious varieties: Mango Hibiscus, Peach Hibiscus and Cherry Hibiscus. Made from real-brewed herbal hibiscus tea, real sugar and natural fruit flavors, Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Teas contain 100-110 calories per serving and add a distinct taste experience to the existing Pure Leaf collection of premium iced teas.
"We're excited to bring real-brewed hibiscus iced tea to all of the places you buy your favorite beverage," said Amy Tran, Pure Leaf Tea Master. "We've listened to feedback from our iced tea lovers, who shared that they love the quality and real-brewed taste that's synonymous with Pure Leaf, but also wanted a naturally caffeine-free option that can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime."
Additional information about Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Tea:
- Pure Leaf Herbal Iced Tea is available now at retailers nationwide and on e-commerce for a suggested retail price of approximately $1.99 for an 18.5oz single-serve bottle. Multi-packs of Mango Hibiscus are available for a suggested retail price of $6.29, which includes six 16.9oz bottles. There is also a large 59 oz Hibiscus Lemonade and Mango Hibiscus bottle available in the chilled section of your retailer that's perfect to share with friends and family.
- Pure Leaf is also introducing a new flavor to the Tea House Collection – Organic Hibiscus Tea Passionfruit & Pineapple, at just 70 calories per serving. It is available nationwide in a 14oz single-serve glass bottle for a suggested retail price of $2.59.
- The launch will be supported with a new advertising campaign featuring print ads and a new TV commercial which is airing now.
- For more information, visit www.pureleaf.com and find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @pureleaf.
About Pepsi Lipton Tea Partnership
The Pepsi Lipton Tea partnership is a joint venture between PepsiCo and Unilever. The partnership includes a complete portfolio of ready-to-drink iced teas for every occasion, including Lipton Iced Tea, Pure Leaf Iced Tea and Brisk Iced Tea.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $63billion in net revenue in 2017, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around us. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world enable PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. In the United States, the portfolio includes brand icons such as Axe, Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Caress, Country Crock, Degree, Dollar Shave Club, Dove, Good Humor, Hellmann's, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Love Beauty and Planet, Magnum, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle, Promise, Pure Leaf, Q-tips, Schmidt's Naturals, Seventh Generation, Simple, Sir Kensington's, St. Ives, Suave, Sundial Brands, Talenti Gelato & Sorbetto, TAZO, TIGI, TONI&GUY, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Unilever employs approximately 8,000 people in the United States – generating more than $9 billion in sales in 2017.
Unilever's Sustainable Living Plan underpins the company's strategy and commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
The USLP creates value by driving growth and trust, eliminating costs and reducing risks. Globally, the company's sustainable living brands are growing 50% faster than the rest of the business and delivered more than 60% of the company's growth in 2016.
For more information on Unilever U.S., its brands and the USLP visit: www.unileverusa.com