RICHMOND, Va. - July 23, 2018 - PRLog -- "THE BIG TURNAROUND", written by ELLEN MCILHENNY, MONTPELIER, VA resident, McIlhenny, has been nominated for a 2018 Author Academy Award, an honor bestowed for literary merit and publishing excellence in the writing and publishing industry.
McIlhenny's book is up for an award in the Business category. The book tells the story of Burgess Industries, a fictional company that must deal with the results of poor leadership.
"Hundreds of books from authors throughout the world are up for an Author Academy Award," said Kary Oberbrunner, founder of Author Academy Elite and the Author Academy Awards. "Our goal is to help further connect this global community of authors, maintain excellence and integrity of the book publishing industry, and raise awareness that the stories being told and the authors who write them are worth our attention."
Authors of all kinds—indie (self-published), traditional, or collaborative published—are being considered for the award in one of sixteen categories. Entries are being reviewed and evaluated on popular vote, social contribution, and overall presentation (cover, content, flow, and originality) by the Academy's voting membership comprised of best-selling authors, literary agents and industry leaders.
If interested in supporting McIlhenny and participating in the popular vote portion of the award evaluation, go to http://authoracademyawards.com/ and scroll to the "Ready to Vote?" section. Once there, click through to the Business category, then find and click on "The Big Turnaround".
The top ten finalists in each category will be invited to present their book synopsis at an Author Academy Awards Red Carpet Session on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio. Winners will be announced later that evening at the Author Academy Awards Ceremony where they will be invited to give an acceptance speech. Winners will also receive:
- The Academy Boon of Merit Award.
- Press release and media story presented to their hometown press by a professional PR firm.
- Their name and book highlighted on the Read to Lead Podcast (over 2 million downloads).
- A Private Group Coaching Session for all First Prize Winners with a YouTube Consultant on how to leverage your book with video.
- Traditional Media and Social Media press including features on select podcasts, shows, vlogs, blogs, and articles.
- Lifetime access to 30 Days to a Bigger Stage Experience, an online program helping authors get publicity for their book.
- The opportunity to present their book synopsis at the Igniting Souls Conference main stage on the days immediately following Author Academy Awards in front of a global audience.
About the Author Academy Awards
The Author Academy Awards is an award bestowed for literary merit and publishing excellence in the writing and publishing industry. It is presented annually by Author Academy Elite, a premium service provider for authors, at the Author Academy Awards Ceremony. For more information on the awards, visit http://authoracademyawards.com.
Photos: (Click photo to enlarge)
Read Full Story - Montpelier Resident, Ellen McIlhenny's Book, "The Big Turnaround", Nominated for Global Award | More news from this source
Press release distribution by PRLog