Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today introduced the next generation of Adobe Cloud Platform, the underlying, cross-cloud architecture that unifies content and data and is powered by Adobe Sensei, Adobe’s advanced AI and machine learning framework. Advancements include a new unified customer profile that combines data across an enterprise, intelligent services and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness. These and other new capabilities will solve key challenges facing marketers, data scientists and developers. Adobe Cloud Platform is used by thousands of partners worldwide and receives over one billion API calls per day through Adobe I/O, Adobe’s cross-cloud developer portal.
“We are entering a new era for the enterprise. Today’s modern enterprise needs a new system of record – one that can manage and make sense of the high volume of content and data,” said Brad Rencher, executive vice president, Digital Experience Business, Adobe. “In response to this, we’re introducing our next-generation Adobe Cloud Platform – the Experience System of Record – that brings together the power of data, content and intelligent services, as well as an open ecosystem, to help each enterprise in their journey toward becoming an Experience Business.”
Adobe Cloud Platform advancements for marketers include:
- New Unified Customer Profile. Adobe introduced an industry-first Experience Cloud Profile that unifies all customer data across the enterprise. This includes back office data (like CRM data in Microsoft Dynamics 365) and combines it with data available across Adobe Experience Cloud (including online behavior, device use and ad exposure data) to create a complete, real-time view of customers along their journey. Data is unified through Adobe’s Experience Data Models (XDM), a common data language, and allows faster, more intelligent decisioning through Adobe Sensei. Adobe Cloud Platform also now enables Experience Cloud customers to be GDPR-ready.
- Adobe Exchange Updates and Partner Integrations. Adobe announced several new additions to Adobe Exchange Marketplace, its central hub for thousands of third-party applications that connect into Adobe Experience Cloud, Creative Cloud and Document Cloud. Adobe also announced new partner integrations available today with Hootsuite, ObservePoint, Branch, Digital River, Elastic Path, Informatica, SnapLogic, TMMData and new Adobe Cloud Platform Launch extensions for Microsoft Bing and Microsoft Dynamics.
Expanding to new constituents including data scientists and developers:
- Data Science Workspace. Available as a preview, this new workspace allows data scientists to build their own custom data models within Adobe Cloud Platform. Data scientists can now access their vast data sets in Adobe Cloud Platform to create and train custom models. Data scientists will eventually be able to bring their own pre-built data models and algorithms into Adobe Cloud Platform.
- Adobe Sensei services. With these new services, enterprise developers can now access, via application programming interfaces (APIs), pre-built Adobe Sensei algorithms and train them specific to their needs. The first Adobe Sensei service available in preview today gives developers access to algorithms that increase the speed of content delivery, asset production and content personalization, such as automatic image tagging and image cropping. Three additional Adobe Sensei services will be available in preview in the coming months and will focus on attribution, customer journeys and customer profiles.
- Developer Updates. The private beta of Adobe I/O Runtime, Adobe’s serverless platform, provides developers with a modern, seamless way to run custom code on Adobe Cloud Platform. Benefits include increased performance and reduced time to deployment by eliminating server setup and maintenance. Developers can now support new business processes and deliver experiences across channels with the industry’s first set of flexible and customizable commerce microservices, built on Adobe I/O Runtime. The general availability of Adobe I/O Events lets developers create pre-defined, event-based integrations that only trigger when a meaningful event, like a file upload or customer action, happens.
- Adobe blog post – Adobe Cloud Platform
- Adobe blog post – Adobe I/O
- Adobe blog post – Adobe Exchange Ecosystem
About Adobe Sensei
Adobe Sensei is a framework and set of intelligent services built into Adobe Cloud Platform which dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences. Adobe Sensei leverages the company’s massive volume of content and data assets, as well as its deep domain expertise in the creative, marketing and document segments, within a unified artificial intelligence/machine learning framework. To learn more, visit adobe.com/go/sensei.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.