Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) is pleased to announce the winners of the 16th annual Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA). Attracting nearly 7,000 student participants from 65 countries, the ADAA is a global digital media competition for student creators. As part of its commitment to the next generation of creatives, Adobe connects students to leading industry professionals, academic leaders and top brands to foster future career development. A panel of design experts from around the world chose one winning project from each of the 14 categories, recognizing the work of future creative leaders who shine in their technical ability, but also their ability to present themselves and their work professionally.
Winning entries were selected based on their creative originality, thought process, effectiveness and skill in applying Adobe Creative Cloud tools. Winners will be flown to Adobe MAX 2017 in Las Vegas for career advancement opportunities, including networking with industry leaders, an awards presentation with the design community, and appearances on Adobelive.com. Winners will also receive a one-year membership to Adobe Creative Cloud and are eligible to be nominated to Adobe’s Creative Residency.
“There were some amazing entries this year and the winners are clearly some of the most innovative thinkers, designers, and creatives from the global student community,” said Shawn Cheris, director of Experience Design at Adobe and 2017 ADAA Final Judge. “The judges and I were truly inspired by their talent and passion and there’s no doubt that these students are trendsetters who represent the future of creativity.”
Submissions for the ADAA’s 14 categories fell under three segments – Fine Art, Commercial and Social Impact. The 2017 ADAA category winners are:
Fine Art Segment:
- Photography – Wonjun Jeong, Hongik University, South Korea
- Graphic Design / Print – Dev Ethan Valladares, Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, India
- Illustration – Jolanta Bańkowska, Academy of Fine Arts, Poland
- Animation/Motion Graphic – Gung-Kai Koo, Rochester Institute of Technology, United State of America
- Photography – Shu-Yao Liu, Art Center College of Design, United States of America
- Print/Graphic/Illustration – Grina Choi, School of Visual Arts, United States of America
- Video Editing/Post-Production – Haeri Cho, Je Yeon Han and Jun Eun Jang. Sungshin Women’s University, South Korea
- Animation/Motion Graphics – Luke Guyer and Weizi Zeng, School of Visual Arts, United States of America
- Packaging Design – Tzu-Ying Wu, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Web/App/Game Design – Yinan Wang, Maryland Institute College of Art, United States of America
Social Impact Segment:
- Photography/Print/illustration/Graphic – Isabel Zoulinaki, Glasgow School of Art, United Kingdom
- Video Editing/Post-production/Animation/Motion Graphics – Denzel Boyd, Virginia Commonwealth University, United States of America
- Web/App/Game Design – Vipasha Gupta, National Institute of Design, India
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.