Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the 2017 release of Adobe Technical Communication Suite, the next-generation of its end-to-end technical content development toolkit. Technical Communication Suite enables companies to create, manage and publish standards-compliant, multilingual content for global audiences. The latest version of the multichannel publishing toolkit enables writers, information developers and instructional designers to deliver discoverable, consumable and socially-enabled content to users on any device.
Adobe also announced a major update to the XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager, an enterprise-grade component content management system (CCMS) for DITA* based technical content, built on top of the leading content management system, Adobe Experience Manager. Enhanced integration between the 2017 release of Adobe FrameMaker and Experience Manager delivers more engaging experiences for those that consume technical documentation on the web.
“In order to succeed, companies must consistently deliver great experiences to their customers, from the first time they reach out with marketing content to the delivery of technical documentation that supports their purchase,” said Adil Munshi, vice president and general manager, Print and Publishing Business at Adobe. “The 2017 release of Adobe Technical Communication Suite and the new XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager enable technical publishing departments to efficiently manage their content lifecycle and deliver immersive experiences throughout the customer journey.”
All major components of Adobe Technical Communication Suite are now improved, including:
- Adobe FrameMaker is a complete solution for authoring and publishing multilingual technical content across mobile, web, desktop and print. The 2017 release of FrameMaker offers a completely reimagined authoring experience – with comprehensive support for HD displays, a new project manager, a modern menu reorganized for optimal productivity, advanced XML/DITA and dynamic content personalization capabilities, and out-of-the-box multichannel publishing.
- Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server is an enterprise solution for automated multichannel publishing. Users can now access publishing services remotely, manage them with a comprehensive dashboard and publish to EPUB 3.0, Kindle, PDF, native mobile apps, WebHelp, CHM and other formats.
- Adobe RoboHelp is a user-friendly authoring and mobile publishing solution. It now leverages next-generation Responsive HTML5 layouts for more intuitive navigation, dynamically filters content to deliver personalized Help experiences, and provides relevant information faster with best-in-class search, including search autocomplete. The 2017 release of RoboHelp now also supports 17 different output formats, including content-centric mobile apps for iOS and Android, to make publishing truly device-agnostic.
- Adobe Captivate 9, Adobe Presenter 11 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC round out the suite, now integrating powerful e-learning and ‘how to’ demo creation, dynamic video presentation and unmatched PDF functionality.
XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager
The reimagined XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager helps enterprises manage large volumes of content with frequent publishing and web-based collaboration needs. It introduces new capabilities for dynamic delivery of DITA content – like batch publishing, baseline publishing and automated post-output-generation tasks – directly to Experience Manager. Web-based review and collaboration has been completely revamped, allowing users to leave inline comments and annotations like text highlights, insertions and deletions. The built-in web editor has been significantly enhanced to provide a flexible authoring experience for subject matter experts not trained in DITA. By managing and deploying marketing and technical content from a single Adobe platform, enterprises can now deliver a consistent customer experience with both pre-sale marketing content and post-sale technical documentation — saving the enterprise time, money and eliminating redundancy.
“XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager enables our customers to transform their technical documentation experience from just a site with downloadable PDFs to a fully client-oriented portal focusing on the after sale needs of their customers. Also, the ease with which technical documentation content can be published to AEM and how seamlessly it integrates with the AEM website is impressive.” — Ruben Reusser, CTO, headwire.com, Inc.
“The 2017 release of Adobe FrameMaker is the only solution in market which covers all major needs, out-of-the box, in editing and publishing for any device in any language. The new responsive HTML5 output enhancements in the 2017 release of Adobe FrameMaker, especially search autocomplete, are state of the art.” — Dieter Gust, Member of the Supervisory Board, Director of Research & Development, itl
- XML Documentation Add-on for Adobe Experience Manager Launch Blog
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite Launch Blog
- Adobe FrameMaker Launch Blog
- Adobe RoboHelp Launch Blog
- Adobe Technical Communication PRODUCTOPEDIA Blog
- Adobe Technical Communication Channel on YouTube
- Adobe Technical Communication Twitter Account
- Adobe Technical Communication Facebook Page
- Adobe Technical Communication LinkedIn Group
- Adobe Technical Communication Launch Webinar
- One Adobe Solution for Technical Content
- Adobe Experience Manager + FrameMaker Integration Blog
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker, RoboHelp and FrameMaker Publishing Server are immediately available through Adobe Authorized Resellers and Adobe.com. Estimated street price for Adobe Technical Communication Suite is US$1699 (upgrades from US$699). FrameMaker and RoboHelp are available as standalone products for an estimated street price of US$999 each (upgrades from US$399). FrameMaker Publishing Server is also available as a standalone product for an estimated street price of $14999 (upgrades from $5999), respectively. All products are also available via annual subscription/membership plans. For details on pricing and language support please visit the respective product websites.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
*The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) is an XML data model for authoring and publishing. It is an open standard that is defined and maintained by the OASIS DITA Technical Committee.
© 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.