Today at Adobe MAX 2016, the world’s leading creativity conference, Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) announced Adobe Sensei, a new framework and set of intelligent services for dramatically improving the design and delivery of digital experiences. Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services tackle today’s complex experience challenges—including image matching across millions of images, understanding the meaning and sentiment of documents and finely targeting important audience segments—leveraging machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning capabilities. Spanning the entire Adobe Cloud Platform, this announcement builds upon the machine learning capabilities unveiled in Adobe Marketing Cloud at Adobe Summit in March.
Adobe Sensei harnesses the company’s massive volume of content and data assets—from high-resolution images to customer clicks—providing an unparalleled ability to design, deliver and manage digital experiences. Adobe Sensei includes a unified AI/machine learning framework and a set of intelligent services that power Creative Cloud, Adobe Document Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud. Dozens of these intelligent services have been deployed in Adobe products to date. The company is significantly increasing its investment in Adobe Sensei and intends to make it available to its ecosystem of partners, ISVs and developers who will extend Adobe’s industry leading cloud products and build custom solutions on top of them.
“Adobe Sensei is uniquely focused on solving today’s complex experience challenges in the design, document and marketing fields, where only Adobe has decades of expertise and market leadership,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and CEO, Adobe. “Leveraging our machine learning and AI capabilities, as well as trillions of content and data assets, Adobe Sensei will be one of our biggest strategic investments. We’re excited to open it up to our broader ecosystem of partners, ISVs and developers to enable even more innovation.”
Adobe Sensei Intelligent Services
Adobe Sensei is built into the company’s cloud offerings, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Marketing Cloud and Adobe Document Cloud, to automate mundane tasks, drive predictive and personalization capabilities, and boost productivity. Examples of Adobe Sensei intelligent services across Adobe’s cloud offerings include:
- Content Intelligence: Uses deep learning to search and tag images automatically and makes intelligent recommendations when a user searches for images
- Face Aware Editing: Finds faces in an image and uses “landmarks” such as eyebrows, lips and eyes to understand their position and change the facial expression without ruining the image
- Semantic Segmentation: Shows each image region labeled with its type; for example, whether it is a building or the sky. Such labelled regions allow easy selection and manipulation of objects, using simple commands (e.g., “change the sky”)
- Intelligent Audience Segmentation: Gives marketers and analysts new visibility into which segments are most important to their businesses and allows them to target overlapping or adjacent segments, making it possible to acquire customers much more efficiently
- Attribution: Algorithmically determines the impact of different marketing touch points on consumers’ decisions to engage with a brand, determines the effectiveness of different campaigns and makes optimized marketing investment recommendations
- Natural Language Processing: Provides text understanding, topic modeling and sentiment analysis of digital documents
This week at Adobe MAX 2016, Adobe is unveiling and demonstrating a number of new Creative Cloud innovations by Adobe Sensei.
More examples of Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services across Adobe’s cloud offerings are available on Adobe’s blog.
Adobe Sensei Extending to Partners & Developers
In addition to its availability in Adobe’s cloud offerings, Adobe Sensei will be available to partners and developers as APIs via Adobe.io—Adobe’s developer platform. This will enable developers and systems integrators to build entirely new types of applications and solutions for their customers.
Learn More About Adobe Sensei
Read the Adobe Sensei blog by Abhay Parasnis, EVP & CTO, Adobe: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2016/11/adobe-sensei.html.
Visit the Adobe Sensei page at http://www.adobe.com/go/sensei.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Daniel Berthiaume, 408-536-2584