Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the availability of Audience Marketplace, a new data exchange in Adobe Audience Manager, the company’s data management platform (DMP). Audience Marketplace is a private data marketplace that connects advertisers and content publishers to buy and sell second and third-party data without the time-consuming challenges of setting up individual partnership agreements. The data exchange also enables companies to scale their high-value audience segments for personalized and targeted content across marketing channels.
- Strong Partner Ecosystem – Audience Marketplace customers benefit from integrations with leading data providers, all vetted and qualified by Adobe to ensure they are adhering to standard data privacy and security policies. The extensive network of leading data partners offers large volumes of high-value audience data for more accurate and valuable insights. The ecosystem also removes the complexity associated with managing different rules for data supply and demand.
- 360° View – Audience Marketplace allows advertisers and content publishers to create more granular, high-value audience segments that are scalable and more accurate than ever before. First-party data (directly owned by an organization) and third-party data (aggregated data, such as demographic information, purchased from other sources) can now be merged with second-party data (another company’s first-party data that can be shared). For example, companies with look-alike audiences, such as an airline and a hotel, can exchange data since both audiences have similar consumer profiles associated with travel.
- Flexibility and Transparency – When it comes to audience data, sellers expect flexibility and buyers want transparency. Audience Marketplace provides flexible pricing options and an infrastructure that makes data sharing more seamless and transparent. The data exchange also provides insights into how audience segments are performing in real-time, which maximizes marketing ROI.
“Audience Marketplace redefines how marketers manage, activate and monetize audiences across marketing channels,” said Amit Ahuja, general manager of data management, Adobe. “Unlike other companies, Adobe simply wants to connect customers with data providers without trying to monetize any of the data in the exchange itself.”
“Samsung is focused on delivering a cohesive, personalized customer experience across all digital touchpoints, and Adobe Audience Manager plays a critical role in our cross-channel data ecosystem,” said Jesse Laskaris, Senior Product Manager of Personalization at Samsung Electronics America. “With Audience Manager, we can aggregate our first, second and third-party data, and then build high-value audience segments to more effectively understand and engage with customers through programmatic buying, site personalization and other channel-specific tactics. Audience Marketplace has allowed us to be much more nimble in evaluating and activating new third-party data sources through Adobe Audience Manager’s turnkey approach, which helps drive more efficient cross-channel personalization.”
“In the past, data marketplaces lacked pricing and quality transparency on both sides of the equation,” said Stuart Watson, senior vice president of Emerging Media and Technology, Camelot Strategic Marketing and Media. “Advertisers and publishers recognize the opportunity is between each other's first-party data. Audience Marketplace enables the transparency to protect the value each party brings to the table. Our clients now seamlessly and efficiently validate the quality and scale of a publisher's first-party data to activate not only through paid media, but across first-party touch points, including website, email, and apps.”
- Audience Marketplace Blog Post with Data Partner Quotes
- Video: Adobe Audience Manager Audience Marketplace Launch Party
- Adobe Audience Manager Homepage
- Follow @AdobeDMP on Twitter
- Blog Post: Three Ways to Gain a High Definition View of the Consumer
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Craig Corica, 415-832-5389