LONDON, August 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The U.S. equity market ended on a mixed note on Monday, August 12, 2013. The NASDAQ Composite posted some gains, while the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average ended slightly lower. Shares in the independent oil and gas industry ended on a mixed note, tracking the broader market. The major movers in the sector included WPX Energy Inc. (NYSE: WPX), Denbury Resources Inc. (NYSE: DNR), Cobalt International Energy Inc. (NYSE: CIE), and Continental Resources Inc. (NYSE: CLR). AAAResearchReports.com tracked WPX, DNR, CIE, and CLR. These reports can be seen for free at:
Shares in WPX Energy Inc. fell sharply on Monday. The company's shares oscillated between $18.91 and $19.23 before finishing the day 1.15% lower at $18.94. A total of 2.02 million shares were traded which is below the daily average volume of 2.44 million. WPX Energy's shares have fallen 0.68% in the last three trading sessions, and 4.58% in the past one month. Despite recent losses, the company's shares have gained 10.63% in the last three months, outperforming the S&P 500 which has gained 3.41% during the same period. Download free research on WPX by signing up now at:
Denbury Resources Inc.'s shares edged higher on Monday, extending their gains from the previous trading session. The company's shares fluctuated between $17.37 and $17.61 before closing the day 0.11% higher at $17.54. A total of 4.12 million shares were traded which is below the daily average volume of 4.82 million. Denbury Resources' shares have gained 1.62% in the last three trading sessions. Furthermore, the stock is now trading above its 200-day moving average. Register for today's free analysis on DNR at:
Shares in Cobalt International Energy Inc. oscillated between $29.01 and $29.46 on Monday before finishing the day 0.21% higher at $29.25. A total of 1.34 million shares were traded which is below the daily average volume of 3.00 million. The company's shares have gained 8.53% in the last three months, outperforming the S&P 500 which has gained 3.41% during the same period. A free report on CIE can be accessed by registering at:
On Monday, Continental Resources Inc.'s stock fell 1.25%. The company's shares fluctuated between $94.37 and $95.95 before finishing the day at $94.57. A total of 1.36 million shares were traded which is above the daily average volume of 1.05 million. Further, the shares have gained 14.69% in the last three months, and are trading above the 50-day and 200-day moving averages. Register with AAA Research Reports and download research on CLR for free at:
- This is not company news. We are an independent source and our views do not reflect the companies mentioned.
- Information in this release is fact checked and produced on a best efforts basis and reviewed by a CFA ® charterholder. However, we are only human and are prone to make mistakes. If you notice any errors or omissions, please notify us below.
- This information is submitted as a net-positive to companies mentioned, to increase awareness for mentioned companies to our subscriber base and the investing public.
- If you wish to have your company covered in more detail by our team, or wish to learn more about our services, please contact us at pubco@EquityNewsNetwork.com.
- For any urgent concerns or inquiries, please contact us at compliance@EquityNewsNetwork.com.
- Are you a public company? Would you like to see similar coverage on your company? Send us a full investors' package to research@EquityNewsNetwork.com for consideration.
Content is researched, written and reviewed on a best-effort basis. This document, article or report is prepared and authored by Equity News Network. An outsourced research services provider has, through Chartered Financial Analysts, only reviewed the information provided by Equity News Network in this article or report according to the Procedures outlined by Equity News Network. Equity News Network is not entitled to veto or interfere in the application of such procedures by the outsourced provider to the articles, documents or reports, as the case may be.
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE
Equity News Network makes no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness or fitness for a purpose (investment or otherwise), of the information provided in this document. This information is not to be construed as personal financial advice. Readers are encouraged to consult their personal financial advisor before making any decisions to buy, sell or hold any securities mentioned herein.
SOURCE AAA Research Reports