SOURCE: CorporateRegister.com LtdDESCRIPTION:
June 18, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Hong Kong-based rail and property service provider MTR Corporation Ltd (MTR) has published its latest Sustainability Report 2012 at www.mtr.com.hk/sustainability
The report describes how the company manages sustainability and highlights its challenges and achievements in 2012. Besides its core market Hong Kong, the report also includes Stockholm, Melbourne and Shenzhen subsidiaries, and provides further insights into the broader sustainability journey itself.
The report follows the underlying theme of “Clarity of focus - meeting present needs while not compromising future generations from meeting theirs” and builds on the Corporation’s sustainability context and materiality approach. Highlights include:
• Eight strategic priorities that are most material to the company’s business.
• Evolving a new corporate strategy and roadmap for maintaining sustainability.
• Increased focus on worker health and safety along with the construction of five new rail projects in Hong Kong.
• Completion of a carbon lifecycle assessment pilot study for new rail projects
• Selected stories illustrating how business units integrate sustainability development into their decision-making
The report includes a specific mention on carbon footprint management, which acknowledges the company’s expanding global footprint and operating responsibilities. Recognizing that a low-carbon future is imperative to urban environments worldwide, the company is working to ensure that what is planned today, built tomorrow and used for the next century contributes positively to the low carbon development of cities.
MTR Corporation is undertaking its most ambitious network expansion in its 30 year history in Hong Kong. Construction is now underway on five new rail lines, which will add 56 km (25%) to the network over the next ten years. The company also has operations in Shenzhen, Beijing, Hangzhou, London, Stockholm and Melbourne employing more than 22,000 staff.
KEYWORDS: Business & Trade, Reporting, Ratings & Rankings, mtr corporation, MTR, transport, Sustainability Report, sustainability, csr, Corporate Responsibility