NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- SMIRNOFF®, the world's best-selling vodka, is launching a new reality television show, Master of the Mix. In a quest to crown the hottest DJ in the world, Master of the Mix is hosting multiple DJs in cities throughout the world to determine the ultimate mix master. Hosted by Grammy nominated producer/DJ, Just Blaze, and world famous DJ, Kid Capri, the show will pit the world's most prominent DJs against each other in head-to-head competition. The show is produced by GTM and Ben Silverman's next generation studio, Electus.
"Master of the Mix marks the brand's first venture into reality television and we couldn't be more thrilled at the opportunity to work with some of the most influential leaders in the music industry," said David Tapscott, Brand Director, SMIRNOFF. "SMIRNOFF has always been a part of the nightlife culture, encouraging responsible partying for years and since we're working with some of the most influential DJs who control the night, the partnership between the two spaces feels natural to us."
The competition kicks off at the DJ's base camp for the show, a luxurious home in the Hollywood Hills, and quickly moves to Sin City where the DJs spin at The People's Challenge, a massive vodka tasting event for SMIRNOFF at Tao Nightclub in Las Vegas. From there, the show follows the DJ's from city to city – and party to party – including Miami, Los Angeles, New York and London, where contestants will put their skills to the test in a series of challenges.
Judged on their technical ability, track selection, originality, and crowd response, DJ's will be competing for the title of Master of the Mix, as well as $250,000 in cash and prizes, including a personalized SMIRNOFF bottle. Kid Capri, who deejayed for Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam and has produced sessions for Heavy D, Boogie Down Productions, and Quincy Jones, will anchor our judging booth, while notable industry veterans such as Biz Markie will make guest appearances throughout the season.
The Master of the Mix cast competing for the ultimate DJ title includes:
- DJ Jazzy Joyce, hip hop legend, the only female in Funkmaster Flex's DJ crew and NYC's Hot 97 DJ
- DJ Mars, the DJ for Keri Hilson, Monica, Kelis, and Ne-Yo and founder of World Famous Super Friends
- DJ Rap, also known as the Queen of the Turntables and first lady of Drum n: Bass, who has over three million in cumulative worldwide sales to her name, voted top female DJ in the world 7 years in a row
- DJ Revolution, Los Angeles-based resident DJ for The Wakeup Show with Sway and King Tech. Widely known for his scratching ability, he has released several critically acclaimed self-produced solo albums and shared the stage with many legendary artists.
- Rich Medina Founder of Jump N Funk (2001), the original Fela Kuti Tribute Party, Little Ricky's Rib Shack at APT (one of NYC's longest running weekly residencies ever), and Rock Steady Crew DJ. Rich also produced "Watchin' Me" for Jill Scott.
- DJ Scratch, New Music Seminar DJ World Champion, three-time Grammy nominated producer, third member of the legendary group EPMD. Scratch has produced for Busta Rhymes and Flipmode Squad, 50 Cent, LL Cool J, DMX, and Q-Tip.
- DJ Vikter Duplaix, Grammy nominated DJ, producer & recording artist, who has released several solo albums in addition to producing for Erykah Badu, Earth, Wind and Fire, Eric Benet, Bilal and many others.
GTM, a 360 degree marketing and content development agency, in partnership with Electus, serve as the show's creators and executive producers. Electus also owns the international distribution rights to bring the format to global markets. Creative Artists Agency brokered the deal for Electus with GTM.
The show will air Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. EST beginning November 3, 2010 on Centric, a 24-hour music and entertainment channel with its finger on the pulse of an ever-changing and sophisticated African American audience. The show re-airs on Saturday nights at midnight EST on BET, the nation's leading provider of and premier brand for quality entertainment, music and news television programming for the African-American audience. Check your local listings for further details.
For additional information, please visit www.masterofthemix.com. And while mixing it up, always remember to enjoy SMIRNOFF responsibly.
SMIRNOFF, the world's number-one selling premium spirit and the top-selling flavored vodka in North America, traces its heritage back to 19th century Russia, and the brand was revived in the United States in 1934. In a January 2005 New York Times blind taste test of 21 world-class vodkas, SMIRNOFF was named its "hands-down favorite." SMIRNOFF has always been known for quality vodka and is enjoyed responsibly in 130 countries around the world. For more information, log on to www.SMIRNOFF.com.
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands and performance, visit us at http://www.diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere, responsibly.