NORWALK, Conn., Dec. 16 --/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The world's leading premium beer, wine and spirits company is getting into the 'spirit' of the holiday season. Diageo, with North American headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, is kicking off the holiday season with over 100 local employees volunteering their time at the annual 'Diageo 100' party for Fairfield County children.
Volunteer activities include:
- December 16th, 5pm - 7pm, Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk, CT - One hundred Diageo employees will play host at a children's holiday party for at-risk Norwalk children, and Diageo will make a financial contribution to three local charities. Partner-charities include: Norwalk Housing Authority, Family and Children's Agency and Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now.
- For the eleventh consecutive year, Diageo employees in Norwalk are hosting a 'Toys for Tots' drive to provide local children with gifts for the holidays.
- Diageo employees will return to the Salvation Army for the fourth year in a row to adopt local families through the gift-giving program, providing an array of holiday gifts, cold weather apparel and gift certificates for groceries.
- Diageo employees are supporting the Norwalk Homeless Shelter this year, complete with a canned food drive, Christmas dinner and a visit from Santa.
- Diageo employees recently collected various donations for the Norwalk Emergency Shelter.
"Diageo is thrilled to be celebrating this holiday season by contributing to our Norwalk community," said Jeff Ivey, Senior Vice President Route to Market Management, Diageo North America. "So many nonprofit organizations make a difference in the lives of Fairfield County residents throughout the entire year and need our support more than ever in this economic climate."
Diageo's support of local charities is a part of the company's ongoing Spirit of the Americas humanitarian aid program, which includes local and international humanitarian aid projects. This season, Diageo employees nationwide are coming together to give back to the communities in which they live and work.
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at Diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.