NEW YORK, Dec. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Providing solutions for today's adult shoppers just got much easier. Diageo, the world's leading premium drinks company, today announced a Mobile version of its very successful website thebar.com; an in-depth resource that gives consumers of legal purchase age (or adult consumers) everything they need to inspire, plan, and shop for any occasion, on any budget. Like its parent URL the mobile site will offer an extensive drink recipe database, supported by the breadth of the Diageo portfolio including some of the world's favorite spirits, beer and wine brands, including Smirnoff® vodka, Jose Cuervo® tequila, Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum, Johnnie Walker® blended Scotch whisky, Sterling Vineyards® wine and Guinness® Draught.
"We are very excited about the next evolution of thebar.com which provides industry leading consumer information for every drink occasion," said Kristin L. Ganong, VP, Digital Strategy & Relationship Marketing, Diageo. "More than sixty million people are using the internet on their mobile devices and we want this site to be the immediate resource they go to when they are shopping for wines, spirits, beer, recipe ingredients or any responsible hosting needs."
Information that mobile users will be able to equip themselves with include:
Drink Recipe Content:
- thebar.com has greatly expanded the recipe content on the site. Beginning today, the unrivaled database of drink recipes on thebar.com also includes 750 drink recipes
- thebar.com is home to the world's favorite brands and once you find the perfect recipe for your party, thebar.com can provide tips and suggestions on where to find the brands to mix up the perfect Jose Cuervo Margarita or Smirnoff Cosmopolitan.
Easy-to-use Search Engine, including Reverse Search and 'Quick Drinks':
- thebar.com also boasts a robust search engine that allows the consumer to find the right drink based on their criteria - by occasion, spirit type or brand - including holidays or themes, ingredients or non-alcoholic.
- The last-minute party planner will also benefit from an additional new feature on thebar.com coined "Quick Drinks." This function gives consumers quick and easy drink solutions for all entertaining needs - from a last minute birthday party to impressing a friend who drops by unexpectedly.
Shop for Your Party:
- You can save drink recipes directly to your own profile on the mobile site to easily access while you are at the liquor store
- Know what you are looking for? thebar.com provides a store locator at site visitors' fingertips in states where it is legal to do so.
- thebar.com also provides seasonal offers throughout the year so make sure to check back for new offers.
Diageo is proud to promote responsible drinking. As such, we wanted to share some 'party smart' tips from thebar.com to make your party a success. Top tips below and on thebar.com:
- Real hosts go pro. Hire a real bartender to mix drinks and serve responsibly.
- Show the designated drivers some love. Nothing's worse than two-liter bottles of flat cola, so whip up a non-alcoholic punch or two.
- Make sure somebody has numbers for the cab company.
To check out the updated site, please visit www.thebar.com and master your own mixology.
TheBar.com was created by Diageo; the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines and beer categories. TheBar.com is Diageo's showcase destination for special offers, events and info from some of the world's favorite spirits, beer and wine brands, including Crown Royal® blended Canadian whisky, Johnnie Walker® blended Scotch whisky, Jose Cuervo® tequila, Captain Morgan® Original Spiced Rum, Smirnoff® vodka, Guinness® stout and Sterling Vineyards® wine.
Always open. Always serving responsibly.
© 2009 Diageo North America, Inc.
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines, and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at Diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.
Greg Leonard Diageo (646) 223-2111 Greg.Leonard@diageo.com