NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DRINKiQ.com, Diageo's award-winning responsible drinking website designed to promote responsible drinking worldwide, has expanded its offering to include Spanish language content for the Hispanic community in the United States. DRINKiQ.com is a global resource for anyone interested in alcohol policy issues to share programs and tools designed to fight alcohol misuse and help individuals make responsible choices about drinking - or not drinking.
"Diageo has a long history of promoting responsibility, and DRINKiQ.com is taking one more step in that global effort by engaging with Hispanics whose preferred online language is Spanish," said Virginia Sanchez, Vice President, Public Policy for Diageo North America. "This website is an extension of our commitment to promote responsible drinking in the Hispanic community."
DRINKiQ.com incorporates responsible drinking information available from government, industry and non-profit organizations. The website is easy to navigate and provides visitors with a one-stop shop of essential resources. Diageo is the only alcohol beverage company promoting responsible drinking through a website in Spanish that offers extensive content, and allows users to post information on the site.
DRINKiQ.com also features unique tools such as videos of experts answering commonly asked questions about alcohol issues, information on how to responsibly host events and parties, and other downloadable resources that address responsible drinking.
"DRINKiQ.com compiles content and gathers resources from a variety of Spanish-language sources and provides visitors with a forum in which they can engage with others who share their interest in combating alcohol misuse," said Sanchez. "We are very interested in expanding our content and receiving submissions from different sources in order to enhance the Spanish site."
The USA-English website was recently presented with The Communicator Award as the Most Outstanding Health and Wellness web site by the International Academy of the Visual Arts. It was also named Best in Class and recognized with a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) award by PR News, a leading publication covering the public relations trade.
A key feature of DRINKiQ.com is The Responsibility Channel, an online community where consumers, parents, teachers, government officials, retailers and others can post and share videos and programs they have found effective in addressing alcohol-related issues.
The content of DRINKiQ.com focuses on five key areas:
- Facts About Alcohol - Information about alcohol and how it affects the body. In addition to web content, the site also features video interviews with experts from around the world.
- Resource Center - An extensive library of resources from Diageo, non-governmental organizations, government bodies, educational institutions and others, to provide visitors with the opportunity to share and learn from a range of programs they can adapt and repurpose.
- Diageo and Responsible Drinking - An overview of Diageo's history of promoting responsibility, examples of its efforts to combat alcohol misuse, and information detailing its points of view on specific topics such as drunk driving and underage drinking.
- Around the World - A collection of case studies showcasing Diageo's responsible drinking initiatives from around the world.
- Links - A comprehensive list of links to organizations and government agencies from which visitors can learn more about responsible drinking.
DRINKiQ.com will soon offer content specific to more than twenty-five countries around the world and will be available in more than fourteen languages. Country-specific sites, which will be coming soon will include Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, China, India, Kenya, Taiwan and Singapore. To view the USA-Spanish site and learn more about responsible drinking visit http://www.drinkiq.com/es-US/pages/home.aspx
Diageo (Dee-AH-Gee-O) is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines, and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at http://www.diageo.com .
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere, responsibly.